C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Elizabeth Thiers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Mar 2005 16:08:43 -0500
 There are several reasons congress and US federal courts do not have
juristiction in this case.  Briefly, two of the biggest are that a state has
the right to define medical best practice (intrastate commerce, it's what we
get our state licensure laws from) and each state has the right to define
the rights between a man and a woman as husband and wife.  I find the case
very disturbing on any count.  Trust me, I would be fighting just as hard if
a husband was trying to keep her alive.  It's there choice.
Bobby, I know what your saying, we probably have similar very theoretical,
unproven theories behind the bulimia issues.  But, as is, there are enough
accusations and theories out there.

Beth T.