C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Carla MacInnis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 May 2009 20:37:57 -0300
A full grown Westie or Lhasa is fed twice a day; 1/2 cup each time. I feed
Mr. Digby a blend of Cesar for small dogs and a rice and lmab kibble. In his
treats ball, he gets Pedigree Rice and Lamb kibble. The treats ball is the
best thing. I fill it at noon with about an 1/8th of a a cup and he kicks or
flings it around til it's empty. A good hour of exercise.

I get the small bags of kibble. When I had two dogs at one time, I'd get the
larger bag and store in a plastic container in a cool, dry place so the
kibble wouldn't get rancid.

If feeding things like rice and veggies, etc. from your own meals, just cut
back on kibble so you don't over-feed the beast.

I fed my terriers much as they were fed in Scotland; oatmeal, bits of bacon,
etc. They were all fans of lettuce, tomatoes, etc. Never feed onions or
grapes. Both are toxic.

Also, to help you with training, whether a puppy or an adult rescue, I
strongly encourage you to get the book Mother Knows Best by Carole Benjamin.
It's the 'bible' of dog training, often recommended by rescue organisations,
no matter the breed. Small dogs need a strong hand. If left to run the show,
they'll run you around in circles. In my house, I am alpha bitch in all
things and Mr. Digby well knows it :)

I now play scrabble at

www.isc.ro

Check it out

You have to play I think 10-11 provisional games before you get to earn
points on their 'ladder'. My nick there is tmom. Used to be terriermom on
Networdz. Remember?

I'll send you a pic of Mr. Digby off list.

Anyone who wants to see Mr. Digby's pic, e-mail me off list and I"ll send it
to you.

Cheers!

Carla