C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jennifer Lahiff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 01:10:16 EDT
Emma,
Rayna is right! My university also hired notetakers, and people to write in
class essays (I can type  23 words p/ min with one hand, and was also allowed
to bring a personal laptop notebook to class <state funded>) I was also
allowed extra time on some exams...
I've used an electric chair for most of my life and had to take care of
myself, for my parents were physically "perfect" and wouldn't "put up" with
my slowness..I was kicked out of the house at age 17 (by then I was already
in my first year of college).. I found that taking care of myself was hard
but doable.  And thank heavens I met my dear husband that same year.
What are your living arrangments??..
sorry I rambled too far on myself..
Jennifer