C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Carla MacInnis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Apr 2001 20:19:56 -0300
Dear Uncle Mike,

  I'm so glad everyone gave sloppy kisses and made up. I have been following
all the talk of chocolate. Chocolate's bad for dogs, ya know, though I get
little, teenie-tiny tastes from time to time. I heard the keeper of the treats
going on about me and a diet ... in the same sentence. Doesn't sound good, does
it? Does it really matter than I have an inch to pinch? After all I am a senior
dude; that sort of thing is to be expected isn't? Uncle Bobby could enlighten
me if he could keep his head out of the fridge long enough. It's all Daddy's
fault, of course. He's the one who eats all the pies, cookies and cakes. Mommy
just bakes them. She thought baking me my own dog cookies would be good enough,
but Daddy still thinks I should have bread crusts, potato skins and the like. I
must admit they are rather yummy. I'm lucky if Mommy gives me a taste of her
hot chocolate in the evenings.

  Looks like I'm due for another "do" - I was made beautiful in January but the
gal didn't cut my hair short enough to suit SWHBO (hey, I like Rumpole, too!).
The way she goes on about my wild and free look, you'd think I was gonna be
entered in a contest and in need of one of those stylized things - heck, those
creatures don't even look like terriers with all that pouf. It goes without
saying, I'm definitely show dog material but hey, if people wanna see it,
they're gonna hafta pay for it.

  I hope Auntie Rayna sends some nice recipes to Mommy. I love Bailey's. The
cat's don't, though; they sneeze and sneeze. Maybe Rayna could post the
Bailey's recipe to the whole group and those who might like to try could have a
go at making a batch.

  I gotta go now. Mommy's about to slice roast beef for dinner. It's been in
the slow cooker all day, and does it smell goooooooooood!!!! If I'm really
good, I'll get half a slice minced up and put on my kibble. Deliciousssssss!!

  See ya!

Your friend,

Mr. Jake (the cutie boy Cairn)
http://www.brunnet.net/terrier/jake.html