C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 24 Mar 2007 12:26:37 +0000
Since most of you are adults I thought you could be really helpful to me in my perspective.

My son, Dylan, is almost 6 years old, is very happy, chats a LOT and has mild CP.  He is in kindergarten and finds handwriting to be laborious and aversive.

I try to work with him on handwriting at home (per the OT's instructions) but he is very resistant -- it's not much fun and I have yet to find a way to make it fun.  (But I've really, really tried!)

For those of you who have had handwriting issues, how have you worked around it?  What was helpful to you in school and what can I do, as a parent, that will be helpful to my son (especially in terms of my attitude)?

THANKS SO MUCH for your input,

Heather (mom to Will, age 9, and Dylan & Brandon, both almost 6!!)