C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 2006 14:08:48 -0600
Mike, Ken and Kat,

IMHO, there's a huge difference between acting like you have a disability
and not doing something to mitigate the effects of that disability, which is
what Michael Fox did in his Congressional testimony and in his campaign
ads.  If the discovery of L-Dopa as a treatment for Parkinson's hadn't been
made, Mr. Fox would not even be able to be accused of acting.  By preventing
stem cell research, how many similar effective treatments might have been
discovered?

I can walk (for short distances) using a cane or a crutch, but it's much
less painful and more efficient to use a wheelchair.  In Limbaugh's
playbook, am I therefore "acting" more disabled than I am, or am I "milking"
my disability?

Kendall

Who hasn't figured out an easy way to do my sigfile in Gmail yet.