C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Beth Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 21:19:07 -0400
Hi Gordon,

I suppose I don't dwell on my incapabilities, in written word, on my own list.
It's not about health issues, and so unless someone says something about me
(that knows me), or health comes up, I don't post about it.  They know I was
born spina bifida - but quite frankly that means nothing to most people unless
they either have it, or know someone that does.........

I HAVE met quite a few of the list members!  Since the list is for a country
music singer, we tend to 'congregate' to the shows - and we wear badges to
indicate who we are, so I'll recognize most of my list members.  Plus - the ones
I haven't met, I have some pics of them on the website.  So I may meet them
someday.  But my main thing is - I go into a room, find a chair and sit........
it's like holding a sign up saying "I am unfriendly", or maybe "I don't want to
talk to you"........ but that's not so.  I do like to talk to them - but if they
are standing - it makes it very hard.

I put myself thru the action of 'meeting and greeting' with the entertainer
himself - he does meet with the fans usually when he's doing soundcheck before
his shows.  And, the way he normally does it - he walks around and just 'visits'
with people..........  and if you want your pic made with him, or if you have
something you want autographed, or, if you have a present you want to give him -
generally you have to walk up to him, and catch him when he doesn't have someone
else there........  so, I have a problem talking to him too.  Maybe I oughta ask
him if he'd consider sitting down and chatting!  8-)   I generally keep my visit
with him VERY short and sweet.  Say what has to be said, and then GO sit down!
He probably figures I'm unfriendly too............

See ya
Beth

--
Don't forget to visit http://rvs.netporch.com/ for RVS fan pics, rvsfans