C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Betty Alfred <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 May 2000 12:27:16 EDT
I'm glad birds cheer you up Ken.  If psychologists knew what I know, they'd
prescribe backyard birdfeeding to every patient under lots of stress.  If
parents are trying to get their kids away from the TV, a birdfeeder outside
the window closest to within the TV line of view will help.

Backyard birdfeeding/birding is more for us than for the birds.  You never
forget the first time you see a male northern cardinal feed his mate with
seed from your feeder, or tufted titmice fledge from your nesting box.
Backyard birding makes you forget your stress, your job, your boss, all of
it.  The Wild Bird Center was the best job I ever had, because I really felt
like I was doing a good thing for somebody every time I sold a feeder.

In a message dated 05/04/2000 6:43:12 AM Eastern Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]