C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gerry and Dianne Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Sep 2000 09:19:34 -0700
What kind of training do Special Ed teachers get?  A woman at our church was
shocked to hear that Evan has CP.  She said, "I'm a special ed teacher, I'm
surprised I didn't notice!'  Then she suggested that he could join the
'Circle of Friends' - a fellowship group for cognitively disabled adults -
when he's old enough.  Left me absolutely dumbfounded.  I don't expect
everyone I meet to know what CP is, but a special ed teacher?

Dianne
Mom to Reese 7 nda and Evan 2 spastic triplegia fundo gtube