C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Thu, 16 Oct 2003 15:33:45 -0600
Found info on the number and percentage of Americans without health
insurance on the Census web page,

http://www.census.gov/hhes/hlthins/hlthin02/hlth02asc.html.  Below is
the first paragraph from that page.  Since these figures cover people
who were not covered during the entire year, the figure for people who
spent a portion of the year without health insurance coverage is quite
likely higher.

"The share of the population without health insurance rose in 2002, the
second consecutive annual increase. An estimated 15.2 percent of the
population or 43.6 million people were without health insurance coverage
during the entire year in 2002, up from 14.6 percent in 2001, an
increase of 2.4 million people."

Kendall Corbett
Coordinator of Consumer Activities
Wyoming INstitute for Disabilities -WIND
PO Box 4298
Laramie, WY 82071
(307) 766-2853