C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2005 18:54:19 EST
Hi Debra.

I'm out in the cold everyday.  I have bad shivers when going outside  without
a jacket but it only lasts a couple seconds.  Now a cold shower, my  muscles
will lock up if it lasts more than ten seconds.  I had a bad  experience at an
outdoor pool.  I was told to take a shower before going in  the pool.  I
never knew this would happen because I was at indoor pools and  they always had
hot water.  I was blasted with cold water in the  shower stall.  I nearly
collapsed because I never had that happen  before. My whole body locked up.  I
couldn't breathe.  That  really freaked me out.  One of the other kids got an adult
to help  me.  I was at a regular pool where no one knew me or what my
condition was  at the time.  The lifeguard scolded the other kids for making fun of
me.  After that incident I always went to indoor heated pools.  I've  gone
into outdoor pools later in life but I have to take 20 minutes to get  adjusted
to the water.

Michael  Jeffries
ICQ #53522767 AOL, MSN, and Yahoo ID:  MJeff25916