C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Susan Moskowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Sep 1999 12:55:28 -0400
Cindy,
    Does Lizzy Jo sleep in any kind  of braces, casts, splints, etc. at
night? Although necessary, these can be uncomfortable to sleep in and might
account for her difficulties. On another subject, if I remember correctly,
one of your posts yesterday concerned bruising her  knees. If you or any of
your friends can sew, cotton batting( the material used in light weight
comforters and quilts) sewn inside the knees of her play clothes might help.
A more expensive option is to look for infant/toddler sized knee pads.  A
company called Sammons Preston advertised a pair in their most recent
pediatric equipment catalog. Actually the knee pads were half of a set, the
other half was a pair of elbow pads. (Think of roller blading pads for
rugrats and you will have the right image!)  Unfortunately, I have thrown
the catalog out and so can't quote the  price. Does Lizzy Jo ever injure the
palms or backs of her hands? If so buy a light weight winter gloves or
mittens (nylon,  plastic or some other non raveling material) cut off the
fingers or tops and let her wear the palm and wrist sections. Hope this
helps!
                        Susan