C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Salkin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 15:41:10 -0400
As the site pointed out, dystonia is a relatively newly-recognised syndrome,
and so the etiology, etc., is still being researched and the parameters will
likely change over time. I've known people who develop dystonia secondary to
the affects of accidental injury (such as injury to the neck or spine), and
I've also heard some forms of CP rediagnosed as dystonia.  Very confusing
right now.

Kat