C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kendall David Corbett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jun 2006 15:45:42 -0600
Deb, I use a power chair and have almost no use of my left arm and
pretty good use of my right.  To carry soup or other hot liquids or
semisolids, I put a cutting board on my lap and place the bowl on it.
If the people you're working with have difficulty lifting things down
from the counter to their lap, a towel could be modified with handles
(and maybe a rigid frame), the bowl could be placed on that and lifted
down to the cutting board, or if the frame in the towel is rigid enough,
that could be enough.

Kendall

-George Bernard Shaw 1856-1950