C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kendall David Corbett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Sep 2006 17:34:42 -0600
Beth,

If the Indians in Wyoming forced the non-Indians to abide by the
treaties from 1845 on, there'd be 500,000 more people in Manhattan.
Even though it was a really bad deal for the Indians, they agreed to the
$24.00 price for Manhattan Island.  The purchase was actually made in
1626, and the $24.00 figure was in late 1800's dollars, so it may have
actually been goods valued at considerably less than $24.00, considering
inflation.

http://www.nnp.org/documents/schagen_main.html#24

But a really sharp real estate attorney could probably get that thrown
out too, and then we'd all be joining Deri and Ken in the UK ;-{)}

Kendall

-George Bernard Shaw 1856-1950