C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joshua Snyder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 2006 09:44:33 -0700
A while back, I remember a scientist stating that such
problems were likely with embryonic stem cells, but
not with adult (cord blood) stem cells.

Two years ago, Miss Hwang Mi-soon was made to walk for
the first time after 19 years with adut stem cell
therapy:

http://times.hankooki.com/lpage/tech/200412/kt2004120317543511780.htm

The story was buried:

http://www.lewrockwell.com/sardi/sardi58.html

We have to ask, why the huge push (and funding) for
embryonic stem cell research from the same folks who
want an abortuary in every neighborhood? Why the
elaborate ruse to divert us away from cord blood stem
cells?

--- "Kendall D. Corbett" <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Ken and Kat,
>
> I also wonder what would have happened had the study
> used rat stem
> cells rather than human stem cell implanted in rats.
>  A woman I worked
> with had a kidney transplant several years back, and
> later developed a
> tumor in that kidney and ureter.  I'm not saying for
> sure it was some
> form of auto immune response, but I'd think the
> likelihood of an
> autoimmune elated cancer developing would be higher
> when cros-species
> transplantation is performed.  I'm not advocating
> doing experimental
> research on humans, but a check to see if tumors
> develop in rats with
> Parkinson's who are given rat stem cells would seem
> logical.
>
> Kendall
>
> On 10/27/06, Kathleen Salkin <[log in to unmask]>
> wrote:
> > The study was truly inconclusive as they killed
> the test animals
> > before any tumors formed.   So we don't know if
> the tumors would have
> > been benign or malignant, or even if they would
> have formed.  Also,
> > would this have been the result of short-term
> treatment or long-
> > term?  Too many questions to be really conclusive.
> >
> > Kat
> >

> > On 27 Oct 2006, at 00:37, Kendall D. Corbett
> wrote:
> >
> > Ken,
> >
> > Is this the link you were talking about?  If so,
> it does indicate an
> > area where caution should be observed, but since
> there was improvement
> > of the Parkinson's symptoms, I'd say it's too
> early to abandon the
> > research entirely, especially since even in this
> study, the results
> > seem to be inconclusive.
> >
> > Kendall
> >
> > http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?

type=healthNews&storyID=2006-10-23T215819Z_01_TON379089_RTRUKOC_0_US-

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/10/23/
> > > AR200610

> that's

> man.

> the

> spam

> spam

> C-PALSY

> C-PALSY
> > > >

> > > === message truncated ===

> protection around
> > > http://mail.yahoo.com
> > >
> > > -----------------------
> > >
> > > To change your mail settings or leave the
> C-PALSY list, go here:

> list, go here:

> list, go here:

> list, go here: