C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Magenta Raine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Nov 2001 09:27:52 EST
Here is the E-mail that Art read on the air last week. Woman Power

Take all American women who are within five years of menopause -- train us
for a few weeks, outfit us with automatic weapons, grenades, gas masks,
moisturizer with SPF15, Prozac, hormones, chocolate, and canned tuna - drop
us (parachuted, preferably) across the landscape of Afghanistan, and let us
do what comes naturally. Think about it. Our anger quotient alone, even when
doing standard stuff like grocery shopping and paying bills, is formidable
enough to make even armed men in turbans tremble. We've had our children, we
would gladly suffer or die to protect them and their future. We'd like to get
away from our husbands, if they haven't left already. And for those of us who
are single, the prospect of finding a good man with whom to share life is
about as likely as being struck by lightning. We have nothing to lose. We've
survived the water diet, the protein diet, the carbohydrate diet, and the
grapefruit diet in gyms and saunas across America and never lost a pound. We
can easily survive months in the hostile terrain of Afghanistan with no food
at all! We've spent years tracking down our husbands or lovers in bars,
hardware stores, or sporting events...finding bin Laden in some cave will be
no problem. Uniting all the warring tribes of Afghanistan in a new
government? Oh, please ... we've planned the seating arrangements for in-laws
and extended families at Thanksgiving dinners for years ... we understand
tribal warfare.Between us, we've divorced enough husbands to know every trick
there is for how they hide, launder, or cover up bank accounts and money
sources. We know how to find that money and we know how to seize it ... with
or without the government's help! Let us go and fight. The Taliban hates
women. Imagine their terror as we crawl like ants with hot-flashes over their
godforsaken terrain. I'm going to write my Congresswoman. You should, too!

from the artbell website