C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Salkin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 13:08:48 -0400
When I went through the security in the Philly Int'l Airport, they made me
take my shoes off and patted me down. It was a lady who did it, but I was
still embarrassed.  Fortunately, they didn't make me get out of my wheelchair.
 They did search my wheelchair, though, but not with me out of it.

I wasn't too happy about any of it, but I gritted my teeth and bore it.  In
Tel Aviv, you go through a lot worse in searches, and the airport there (and
in Europe) is guarded by the military with machine guns.

In packing my stuff, I made sure anything like nail clippers, etc., were
packed in checked-in luggage and not in carry-on baggage, so nothing was
consficated.

They should have taken you into a private area to search you, I think.  But we
are all paying the price of global travelling in the face of terrorist
threats.

Kat