C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 7 Aug 2001 12:23:05 +0400
Hello Laura!
I think that it is a way that she want to attract attantion for her,
 that thus she tries to attract an attention to herself.
Frequently children very well understand on what the adults react.
It can be in moment, when child tries to decide any problem, cannot concentrate
and thus calls to the aid of.
Try to abstract her attention to solving an interesting problem.
For example, try together with her to disassemble (or to break!) a toy.
To excite her interest to that is inside, as the toy is arranged.
After that how to put it back. Or to collect and
to assort buildings or machine from the chields designer. She should be learned to
solve the problems. As soon as she will pass on more high level of
knowledge and possibilities to make what she want she will be free
from her compulsive action. ,
  It is necessary to try to expand an information content with wich
  she can creatively work.
  Sorry for my english/ I hope you understand an idea that I want to
  say. More and more creative information. And show each time how to
  solve a problem.
  I think that professional psychologist working with chield often
  meet such type of behaviour
  Sergei
суббота, 4 августа 2001 г., you wrote:

LT> <DIV>
LT> <P>Hi Sergei!</P>
LT> <P>Thanks for your input. My english is not good either, for I am from Argentina.</P>
LT> <P>I am cheking your site. It has been a long week with my teacher away on holidays and me in charge.</P>
LT> <P>I have a question about a 3 year old little girl called Mirloue. Anyone or everyone could help. This little girl is trapped in a sort of compulsive action. She points out both her index
LT> fingers in each hand, wets them alternatively in her mouth and touches whatever attracts her attention and in in her range of reach. She is sort of trapped in this attitude. One morning last week
LT> I stood her in front of a small piano, she kepped poking at the keys for more than one hour. Although she was exhausted and crying she coul not stop doing this. If anyone can help me with some
LT> ideas, I would be very greatful -and so will Mirloue :-)</P>
LT> <P>Thanks,</P>

Best regards,
 skorbun                            mailto:[log in to unmask]
                                        http://trovant.ttk.ru/vasia