C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rayna Lamb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 14:45:28 +0800
Abso - flaming - lutely, Betty!!  `Overcoming the disability' is just
AB code for `Good little cripples who hide their disability so that we
(AB's) don't have to see it or deal with it or accommodate it'.  That
way they get to tell us how inspirational we are, and convince
themselves that they are sooo open minded without having to break a
sweat thinking about things.   The world doesn't give a flying F***
about whether or not we `overcome' our disabilities (someone PLEASE
shoot me if I ever look like I am about to do that!!), all they want is
for us not to exist.  I swear, the next prat that tells me how
`inspirational' or `wonderful' I am is gonna get their feet run
over!!!
Oh yes, I'm BAAAAAAAAAACCCK!

Got more I could say about this, but don't have time at the moment.

Rayna