C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Anee Stanford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 May 2000 22:58:35 EDT
Hi everyone-

Well I survived house sitting, dog sitting, and grandma sitting, not to
mention my first week of summer school.  I am so pleased with my self for
being able to handel all of this.  Well I only had  to do all that "sitting"
for 3 days, and cook and so fourth, but I had to go to school and come home
on the bus pluss I had erends to run around campus and such.

My English class is great.  It's the same type of thing that I was doing my
senior year in advanced placement english, so I kind of have a heads up on
things.  My professor keeps giving me all these coments about how great I am
at anotating and analyzing and writing.  I have had a bit of practice thats
all.

The last 2 times I have had my blood pressure checked the systolic readings
have been ok (ha ha) at 138 and 126 but the dyastolic is at 98.  I have a
doctor's appointment thursday.  So we shall see.  I bet he is going to change
my medication, I don't think he will be satisfied with the 98 ;-).  When I
went to the diateician-- for what turned out to be the last time till fall
because she got a new position and her replacements won't be in untill fall--
she said that I wasn't taking in enough calories for the amount that I am
using and to try an pile on the calories.  This absoultly true but I just
have no appitie and so life goes on.  She gave me a handout on foods that
were high in calories that she gives to her weight gain patients.  I am not
needing to gain yet--I have been sposedd to maintain said weight but my
weight just keeps dropping (now down to 140 pounds) and my blood pressure
just keeps rising.  Now talk about an odd ball relationship?!

Yours,

Anee Stanford
Webmaster of CPIC
http://www.geocities.com/aneecp/