C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dana Marshall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 19:03:02 -0700
One thing to note, the Dorsal Rhizotomy is permenant, but the baclofen pump
CAN be removed if the results aren't what is desired.

I currently have the baclofen pump, implanted on July 16th. I THINK we've
gotten the dosage right, after a few months. I am currently using more
baclofen at night to help me sleep, and I'm doing well in PT, and in
regaining function.

The ONLY thing I have lost, is the ability to walk unassisted. Used to be
able to walk 20 feet then I MIGHT fall, now, I walk two steps, and I WILL
fall. But that's not a big problem, as it just means I grab my walker or
crutches.

Dana Marshall
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Styx/5326

<http://www.alladvantage.com/home.asp?refid=AUX-497>Get cash as you surf