C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jimmy Cossey II <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 12:59:08 -0500
Thanks Bobby. I've had trouble with doctors all my life due to the doctor who
delivered me. It was a delivery by forcepts in which my neck  was cut and my
nerve(s) was severely damaged and after delivering me they treated it as a minor
cut. Then they put me in an incubator without turning on the oxygen and I was
smothering to death while they were on their coffee break. It is because my
grandmothers saw my face turning  blue and started banging  on the window that they
realized they failed to turn on the oxygen! Then they fumbled around with it and
liked to never got it on but they did get it on! And by the grace of God I am here
today! Since birth I've been tossed around by doctors until I just finally quit
going to them because it seemed as thouugh they knew the doctor who delivered me
and were friends with him! Later on I  found out that he was a heavy drinker and
used drugs! He gave my mom solid food while she was in labor with me and while she
was "knocked out" he came in and woke her up just enough to sign something instead
of going to my dad who was right outside the room and wide awake! They were afraid
to sue because they didn't want me to have trouble getting future medical help! By
the time I knew everything about that it was too late to do anything about it.
Thanks again for reading this.

Jim