C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tamar Raine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jun 2009 14:07:33 -0700
Dear friends and family,

It is truly frightening what Schwarzenegger has proposed for the people who depend on In-Home Services. He wants to strip 90% of the people who currently receive support in the home from getting services at all. These numbbers are truly frightening; they include people with disabilities, our elderly parents, grandparents, uncles, aunts, sisters and brothers.

The thing that really pisses me off, is the republicans in the legislature, have blocked EVERY single revenue idea that we have put on the table. They will find out that these cuts are not only immoral, but they will send California deeper into the mire it has fallen into since Prop. 13 created the 2/3 rule! Eventually, we must reverse course and put an end to the 2/3 rule. But, right now we need to act on behalf of the hundreds of thousands of men and women and children who depend on IHSS to live safely in the community. The Governor wants to strip 400,00 off the ihss rolls. Many seniors will be left in dangerous situations. They may not be quadriplegics, but we can't leave them to die.

We are not prepared for this kind of disaster. We are barely prepared for an earthquke, let along caring for so many elderly and disabled people. There are other things on the table, but this is the most CRITICAL of all! We MUST all SPEAK OUT! The time has come for civil disobedience. We need to flood the Capitol with letters, email, faxes and phone calls, and bodies.  Please, please do not allow this to pass without comments directed at the Governor and the legislators! Please let me know if you can come meet us in Sacramento, or assist us in other ways.  Email me, and we can talk. PLease pass this email to anybody you think will be interested!   Sign up to help the elderly in your neighborhood.

Thanks,
Tamar    [log in to unmask]

    Arnold Schwartzenegger : [log in to unmask]
Please let your congresspeople know how you feel!