C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 11:26:16 -0500
"What's" your perspective, I meant?

The other side of this issue is contending with inept physicians' staffs.
For example:

Thursday morning I was dealing with "break-thru" pain that was not being
handled by my reular long-term med.  Because my doc works out of several
offices, I had to track down the office that had my chart.  Once I found
that office, I explained the problem to the "receptionist", who said that
she would pass the message to the nurse in charge of scripting.  This was
Thursday morning, mind you.  I heard nothing until I called again on Friday
afternoon, and was told that "something would happen between 4 and 5
o'clock."  You guessed it--not a peep from that office all day.  I called
this morning, and was told that my chart had been misplaced, and that I will
be called as soon as a nurse is available.  I'm not holding my breath on
this one.

How can you talk to your physician when he/she has a phalanx of inept office
staff whose seeming sole purpose is to keep you from actually making contact
with your doc until appointment time?

-Kyle