C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Trisha Cummings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Feb 2000 06:54:44 -0500
Good Morning to All,

          This month I have researched  Craniosacral Therapy on the Internet
and am sharing the the info. The same stuff can be found on my Web Site. As
personal encounters give valuable insight I encourage others to venture
their opinions and experiences. I have copied an introductory portion and
have numeropus links after - please enjoy. Oh, and the routine disclaimer -
I am not pushing any of this types of therapy - this purely educational to
help you make choices thru exposure to a large variety of alternatives.

                                        Brightest Blessings
                                             Trisha

What is Craniosacral Therapy?

 Craniosacral Therapy is a subtle and profound healing form which assists
the bodily intelligence (the body's knowing) on its journey back to health.

The cerebrospinal fluid is in tide-like motion.  Craniosacral therapists
assist in facilitating change in areas of restriction, areas where the
tide-like motion is limited, confined, immobilized.

This restriction of movement corresponds to a lack of the capacity of the
life force to express its self-healing.  This absence of health may result
in disease and/or a sense of something amiss.
The work between therapist and client is confidential and paced at the
clients level.  In other words, therapists meet the client where they are.
It is a non-directive, non-invasive approach - essentially the art of
listening and enabling the body to heal itself.

Our physical bodies hold the legacy of our life experience.  A craniosacral
therapist facilitates the resolution of partially told stories.  The
therapist provides a window for the client to witness physical, emotional,
psychological and or spiritual restrictions, the resolution of which , will
enhance the individual's overall vitality and well being.

http://www.craniosacraltherapy.org/  - Craniosacral Therapy Association of
North America
http://www.interscript.com/cranio/crainte.html - The International Institute
for Craniosacral Balancing®