C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Carla MacInnis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Oct 2003 12:41:43 -0700
Hi,

  I'm afraid I can't speak to your wife's comment about calcium not
absorbing properly if one is lying down. Perhaps you might do more research
on that.

  Also, how long have you been taking the magnesium. Do you find it helps
with your spasming (if that's an issue for you)? I know it's stopped my
spasticity cold.

  Additionally, having researched "sluggish  thyroid", and having ALL the
symptoms particular  to women, I started taking kelp tablets (1,000mg three
times a day - by Swiss Naturals - www.greencanyon.com has the 1,000mg Swiss
Naturals - they ship to the US. Most of my vits and minerals  are  by
Swiss). Very often, one might have a sluggish thyroid, though standard tests
do not point to it. The thyroid antibodies test and the t3-t4 are better
indicators if one has an out of whack thyroid. Symptoms of sluggish thyroid
include: sweating, fatigue, joint pain, cramps, blurry vision, mental
confusion, agitation, palpitations among others. All have gone away since I
started kelp. Kelp has also been found to help children with ADD/ADHD -
dosed as one would an antibiotic - 4 times a day; 500mg qid.

Cheers!

Carla

---