C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Betty Alfred <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 02:53:37 EST
In a message dated 02/14/2000 1:02:56 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< I know several city police departments have "Citizen Tickets" than you can
 lpace on cars for handicapped parking violations.  When we lived in Utah I
 placed several on people's cars.  They are legally binding.

I started investigating this last year, so I could prepare something to take
to the Alexandria Commission for Persons with Disabilities to present to the
City Council.  Unfortunately, my plans were OBE (overcome by events) but it's
still on my agenda to pursue.  Dave -- may I ask where you and Tammy lived in
Utah?  I'd like to contact a city official to get more information if
possible.  It will help my presentation if I can demonstrate that the citizen
ticket program is successful elsewhere.

Thanks,
Betty