C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 4 Jun 2004 12:36:21 -0400
Hey, Everyone...

I got back two days ago from a minibreak in Tampa.  It was fun, and I must say, it's a very accessible area for disabled folks.  (well, except for my sister's flat, which has no accessible bathrooms! - in fact the complex doesn't have any accessible units at all, and the manager told me they don't have to be ADA compliant as they were buillt before 1985. :( )

One of the many places I went to during my stay was MOSI, the Museum of Science and Industry and I was ironically amused to note that an exhibit honouring the ADA was inaccessible!  I complained to the head curator whilst I was there, and she promised to have it rectified.

If anyone's interested in my photos:

http://img74.photobucket.com/albums/v224/ksalkin/

Just click on an album name to open it.

A side note - on my flight back to NC, my ear started aching badly during take-off and it's still a bit sore.  Gad, I hate air pressure!

Kat