C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Fri, 18 May 2001 06:33:56 -0400
insurance companies are totally screwy

-----Original Message-----
From: Linda Wagner [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2001 8:52 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: report on my injury

Hey Ken,

It must be the time of year for falling at work!  About two weeks ago I fell
at school - tripped over my own two feet in front of all my students!  I
fell behind my desk and all the kids could see was my feet...One of my boys
joked that I looked like the wicked witch in the Wizard of Oz who's feet
just stuck out of the house!  If only I had been wearing funky striped
stockings!

At least the fall got me back to PT...only 6 visits though.  I have a
feeling my PT will ask for more though.  Had the "eval" today.  He
discovered that my left leg is about 5 mm shorter than my right...I'm 28 and
don't ever remember anyone measuring me!  So, now I have some foam in my
shoe and can already tell a difference in my back.  Plus we will look at new
orthodics.  Heck the ones I have are ten years old and were made
pre-hamstring surgery!

As he said to me, at least if I "fall" periodically I can get the PT I
need...Pretty sad that insurance needs me to have some kind of injury to be
seen!

Hope you are feeling better soon!

Linda