C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bill K Ach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 May 2002 13:33:55 EDT
Our condolences to Steve's family and to all who knew him.  He was a good
example of positive thinking and always came across to Robin and me as a
man full of good cheer.  Robin and I also remember Kat and Steve at a
meeting regarding access issues on the Wake Forest University campus in
1981 or 1982.  May his soul rest in peace!

Robin and Bill Ach
On Sun, 12 May 2002 20:25:50 -0400 Kathleen Salkin
<[log in to unmask]> writes:
>Well, Everyone,
>
>I got some sad news today.  I found out an old friend of mine died in
>hospital at  1:00 am last night.  We'd known each other for years,
>ever
>since we met as fellow grad students at Wake Forest U. back in the
>early
>80s.  We got along particularly well as we were the only disabled grad
>students on campus at the time.  Steve was a quadroplegic who'd been
>injured in a diving accident when he was in his early 20s.  Yet he
>went on
>to get married and had two sons.  He was only 60 years old.  I shall
>be
>going to his memorial service tomorrow afternoon.
>
>Kat

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.