C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Elizabeth Thiers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Mar 2005 07:25:57 -0500
The case has been sent to 19 courts.  No foul play, new allegations are last
ditch efforts to thrwart the will of the husband and courts.  No doctor who
has seen Mrs. Shiavo in person has concluded anything but, persistant
vegetative state.  All other doctors conclusions are not only illegal and a
breach of privacy let alone unethical but, are not conculsive since they
have not examined her fully.  The case isn't that she is on a feeding tube
it's that she's in a persistant vegetative state with no hope for recovery
of cognitive functioning and has been so for several years.  She is living
on Medicaid to finance her care at the hospice, ironic isn't it at this time
when  the government is cutting Medicaid.
Trust me, I fight for the right of children to live and work with many
children who look very similar to Mrs. Shiavo, it's a different case than
that.

Beth t the OT