C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Kyle E. Cleveland" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 11:29:55 -0500
My dad was torn when he moved to Florida about whether to get a plane or a
boat with his retirement $$$.  He got a boat and built a house in Punta
Gorda on the Intercoastal (boat goes right in the back end of the garage).
He's only two miles from the Charlotte county airport, though, and he
belongs to the local flying club.  He mostly flies to scout out places to go
fishing.  He also participates in the "young eagles" program where pilots
take middle-school aged kids for plane rides.  He's a kid himself, so he
takes great pleasure in taking the kids up and then "buzzing" their houses
while Mom and Dad look on.  He tried it with "special needs" kids (autism,
etc.), but he said that the noise and unexpected motion was too much for
many of them--even with Mom or Dad along.