C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Yvonne Craig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 10:39:32 -0400
David

We did a SPECT scan before his first HBO series but he was so miserable and sick from the sedation we didn't have a second one done. After all, the purpose of the treatments was to see improvement in quality of life, which we did. One of the reasons we like HBO is that it is pleasant for him. The SPECT scan experience was not! The scientist in me regrets we don't have imaging evidence to support Anthony's clinical improvements but the Mom in me is okay with that.

Yvonne

>>> [log in to unmask] 09/20/00 01:20AM >>>
Yvonne,

Did Anthony have SPECT-scans before HBOT and again after HBOT?

I have never claimed that HBOT is a claim for cp, only that it is a proven treatment verified by SPECT-scan imaging.