C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Anee Stanford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jul 2000 14:03:26 EDT
Hi all-

Well I did it.  I won the war although still battaling the e-mail.  LOL.  My
brother's wedding went great. The only hitch was that I had 3 big anxiety
atacks on the way to the various flights from Idaho to the "Windy City".  I
also got dizzy and had a headace for most  of the 2 hour flight from Salt
Lake to the "Windy City".  Hit the ground running so to speak.  Two hours
after I got to the hotel firday (07/07) afternoon we went to the rehersal
dinner and then to the rehersal and did not get back in till 11PM.  I had
been up since 4:30 am because I had to go to the airport at 5:55!  The
wedding was on the 8th at 12 noon and the reception went from 2:30 till about
7 pm.

I ended up going back to Texas.  I'll be in texas untill the 11th of Aug.
Went to see Dr. Billy who is my FP in Mckinney on Thursday. My BP is still
high of course...I have no idea what it was on Thursday but on the 2 weeks
ago today it was something like 170/112 or something. I had thought it might
be a good idea to go get it checked since I had been under so much stress
that last week leadig up to the wedding and was about to set  off on this
trip.  So I jjust ran by the student health center as I was doing about 10
other errends that afternoon.  At first Susie could not get it.  Then she got
it but couldn't here it real well so she calls in Jackie who also had truble.
  Eventuly they both get like 160-170 over the one-teens but they still
couldn't get it real clear so they call in Paulett who gets the same thing.
Susie is like "don;t move--I want Tony to take a look at you" so I ended up
staying there like an hour and a half.  Tony (my fp at ISU) was about ready
to put me on meds again and he asks if I can come back next week and I
reminded him about the trip so he did not want to start any new meds because
of possible side efects.  I told him I had already made an appointement with
Dr. Billy so Dr. Joseph decided to send alll my chart notes from the last 6
mos with me.  Well as I said I went to see Dr. Billy who promptly repepeated
almost every thing that Dr. Joseph has done plus he did an EKG which Joseph
was going to do but hadn't  done yet...which was normal and put me on some
medication (which must have ment it was prety high Thursday as well) and so I
am going back over to Billy's office tomorow to get my BP checked.

Texas is just as boring as usual.  The problem is that if you can't drive
here you are extreemly isolated--as many of you know.  What little public
transit there is is inconvenient and dose not service mckinney or is to hard
to arange.  There is so much heat you can't get outside and exersice or
anything and the Gym my dad belongs to is in downtown dallas.  I have not
been out of my parents house since last Thursday basicly except I went with
my mom to the mall and the grocery store one day.  I am going stir crazy
here.

In addition I can't work on CPIC because Jason is still working on the pages
and the website is not back up yet.  In fact for the last week it's been
compleetly down.  It will be back up and better than ever soon though.

Yours,
Anee