C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ken barber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 2006 17:04:58 -0700
see number 13 in the proposed amendment and the
inclusion of "and from cell reprogramming techniques
such as somatic cell nuclear transfer)." then cut and
paste the link below for the definition of "somatic
cell nuclear transfer." this is the technique that was
used to clone dolly the sheep. IMHO IT SAYS ONE THING
FOR THE UNIMFORMED, BUT, THEN GOES AHEAD AND PUTS IN
AN ALLOWANCE OF CLOING later on. slick writing but,
the people are catching on and the majority is getting
smaller as they do catch on.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somatic_cell_nuclear_transfer

now really other than the cloning this does nothing
except say that what is legal now will be legal. all
stemcell reseach that is not federally restricted will
be legal. right now anything except what is federally
restricted is legal. (except the cloning.)

mr fox is disingenuous methinks.
--- "Kendall D. Corbett" <[log in to unmask]>

http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=politicsNews&storyID=2006-10-24T211015Z_01_N24214128_RTRUKOC_0_US-STEMCELLS.xml&pageNumber=2&imageid=&cap=&sz=13&WTModLoc=NewsArt-C1-ArticlePage2

http://www.sos.mo.gov/elections/2006petitions/ppStemCell.asp