C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Beth Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Aug 2000 19:43:35 -0400
Hi Gordon,

I know the problem I face is more mental than physical.  I have had no problems
when his wife Bettye comes to me with arms outstretched, and so if I can hug her
why can't I hug him?  First off, I don't feel very challenged because he does
not initiate it (arms outstretched), and she does, so therefore my brain
complies with her 'request', and I just 'do it'.........  From what I've
observed with his behavior (and all celebrities may be the same), is that he
waits and reacts to what you do.  If I came at him with MY arms outstretched -
he'd probably hug me.  If I go to him, with my hand out - he'll be ready for a
handshake........  if I don't do anything physical in greeting, but just say
'hi' - then he says hi and does not offer handshake, etc......  so it's kinda
like, I am waiting for HIM to do something, and he's waiting for ME to do
something.  (So at this rate - we'll never have to worry about a hug anyway -
I'm not a very 'forward' person).........

See ya
Beth

--
Don't forget to visit http://rvs.netporch.com/ for RVS fan pics, rvsfans