C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 07:49:23 -0400
Don't feel bad, Kat.  During a speech I attributed "for whom the bell
tolls..." to Papa Hemingway instead of Donne.  Sure, Hemingway wrote the
book, but the Donne quote is, of course, from his 17th Meditations.

There are several references in the NT to an individual not being solitary,
they are generally referred to as "body life" passages wherein the Christian
is ineffective in his work if he tries to do things alone without the aid of
God or other believers.  In reality, there are no express biblical passages
that refer to the "wrongness" of suicide, though there are several where one
could draw that inference.

No matter one's faith, I think it's obvious that "suicide victim" is an
oxymoron.  The person who takes his/her life makes victims of each family
member and friend.

My tuppence,

-Kyle