C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rayna Lamb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 13:41:47 +0800
I just walked into the bathroom, slipped, and crashed backward, flat
on my back....  OUCH!!!!  I really hate this falling down business
(and the resulting having to get up again - gravity is not my friend).
Surprisingly enough, I didn't injure myself, although I am quite sure
my rear end will be all bruised.  ARRRRRGGGG!!!!
And of course, because I live alone, there isn't anyone here to help
me get up.  And I LIKE living alone, I'd go nuts sharing a place, I
*need* my space and privacy.   But when things like this happen, I
worry that one day I'm going to end up out of luck and do something
really serious.  I know there are personal alarm systems one can buy,
that go off when you fall and can't get up, but I can't afford one,
and the govt. won't fund one (or so I'm told).  Anyway just had to get
that out of my system, and my back is starting to hurt now, so I'm
going to lie down.

Rayna