C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joy Liebeskind <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 14:06:13 -0500
Rayna- Hope you aren't too sore today!  Do you remember the old ads"
I've fallen and I can't get up".  All the local hospitals & some alarm
systems have those systems available here. My mother in law had one for
a long time. It was a 1 inch square button on a chain so you wore it
around your neck in the apt. She had a control box in the bed room
hooked to a phone line. If she fell she pushed the button.They then
tried to call incase it was a false alarm, or you could get to the
phone...If no response then you set up what happened. On hers first they
tried to call us or her other son. If no one reached they called the
emergency med.   I know some people have a neighbor, orsuper of the
building called. But you set it up. ADT offers a similar service also.
It keeps your independence, while setting up a saftey net...hers was
about 20.00 a month..but if you have a home security service with
ADT..it adds nothing to the monthly fee, you just buy the unit.    Hope
this gives you some ideas--Joy