C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 4 Dec 2003 13:31:36 -0500
Oh, I don't disagree with you on that but as a person who's both a CP and
Hard-of-hearing, I've been in both worlds, and can tell you I totally
understand where they're coming from.  And to tell you the truth, I also find
it presumptuous when an AB person tells me what we ought to feel, as there's
no way in the world they can know. They just can't.

So no, I don't think the dead should see themselves as non-disabled, but I
also don't presume to tell them that.  By the same token, I also resent it
when deaf people tell parents they shouldn't get conchlear implants for their
deaf kids.  To me that's overstepping their boundaries and taking choices
away from the child.

Kat