C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Yvonne Craig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 19:39:10 -0400
Thanks Mag and Kat!

We had a party on Sunday for the boys. Of course they had to invite their friends from school (two each) and two other 5 year olds who are family friends. It was an interesting mix: three in wheelchairs (one non-verbal) and six nda; two girls and six boys; two who are surviving twins (different families) and my two survivng triplets...

I debated ahead of time as to whether or not to tell Bobby's classmates' parents about the kids with disabilities (since Anthony goes to a different school, I wasn't sure if many of his classmates knew about Anthony's CP). In the end I decided to let things unfold. There really wasn't a problem. Most of the kids played with the ones they knew but did great being together for group activities. At one point we went outside and blew bubbles. The kids with CP blew the bubbles and the AB kids ran after them. :-) There were a few questions but kids are still pretty accepting at this age. The boys were so proud to have their own friends there. They each had their own cakes and their own themes (Spiderman chocolate cake for Bobby and a vanilla Thomas the Tank Engine cake for Anthony). The kids made and decorated their own party hats. Everyone seemed to have a good time.

We went as a family to visit Joey's grave in the morning. It is very hard to not have him with us on such a special day. I have been spending a lot of time lately wondering what it would be like to have him with us still. I miss him a lot...

Anyway, thanks again! Cyber cake for everyone!

Yvonne
Mommy to 5 (!) year old triplets:
Bobby (nda);  Anthony (moderate spastic quad CP);
and our Angel Joey {Apr.14/97 - Dec.31/98} (severe CP with many medical complications...)
Ottawa, CANADA