C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Virginia Perry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Jan 2009 10:08:43 -0700
We had a follow-up to this story in our paper this morning. It appears the bus driver had an appointment she wanted to make and knowingly didn't take him home. When people found him the next morning, he was still buckled into his seat. I think Edwin's guardian angel must have been on the job, because he was stranded on that bus for 17 hours in 15-30 degree weather and was still alive. The article I read said his body temperature had dropped three degrees. Of course, I'm not downplaying Edwin's ordeal, strapped into a bus, left alone in the dark and cold for hours....  Poor guy.

If I were a member of his family, I'd probably be talking about a kneecapping.  Then, after I'd calmed down, I'd certainly press charges and/or sue.  Shouldn't the transportation company have logs/call-in procedures or something that could have tracked Edwin more quickly once his family realized he was missing?

Virginia