C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 23 May 2000 19:34:53 -0400
My grandmother is having surgery tomorrow.  She's had ovarian cancer for
about a year and a half now (that we know of).  She's been having
chemotherapy with different drugs, and had some remissions, but know it's
back and going strong.  The cancer spread to her lower intestine, and it's
blocked so that she can't eat without throwing up.  She hasn't held anything
down for about three weeks, and she's lost a lot of weight.  She can't get
more chemotherapy until she's stronger, and she can't get stronger until she
eats.  So, tomorrow, they're going to see if they can remove the blockage.
If they can, she starts chemo and we'll see how it goes.  If not, they'll
send her home to die.  Sorry for rambling... but, the point of this was -
I'd really appreciate it if you guys could send some good vibes our way
around 5:00 PM EST tomorrow night.  We can use all the help we can get at
this point.  She's only 63, and she'd love to make it to my cousin's bat
mitzvah and my graduation (both next year).  Thanks very much.

~Joy~
http://www.geocities.com/joy0823
"Forget regrets, or life is yours to miss." - Mimi in RENT