C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"K. Salkin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Jun 2001 13:57:02 -0400
Hi, Rayna,

I can identify with that, as my heating bills shot up this past winter.
Normally, they're $45US per month, but for the month of January, it was
$115US!  So I was doing everything I could think of to save energy, such as
keeping the drapes and window blinds drawn, using low-wattage light bulbs or
florescent bulbs, etc.

As for keeping warm, I must have drank gallons of hot tea and eaten gallons
of hot soups.  Breakfast was usually a hot cereal like oatmeal, which is
cheap here in the US.  Point is to keep your body metabolism going with fuel
in the form of hot foods and liquids.

I also piled light blankets (polar fleece is light as well as acrylic
velour) and then put my comforter on top of all that.  So there were 3
layers of coverings, all light, but very warm.
And, as Carla suggested, a hat really helps!

Kathy S.