C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 5 Jul 2001 23:55:19 -0400
Keep talking, I think many are finally finding validation that it's not their fault and I as a parent, am beginning to see that Alex may actually have some integration problems of his own. I thought we escaped them by the long shot. I mean here's a kid who threw up every meal he had from the day he was born till 18 months when he had a fundoplication and gtube placed. A kid who didn't eat orally from 18 mo till 3 years and finally came off the gtube at 4 yrs of age and now eats everything but pudding and whip cream without gagging. A kid who loves his bath and doesn't fight the dentist or doctor. Just the same he hasn't a clue where his body is in space and gets freaked on a swing or sitting on a couch/chair if his feet don't touch. Like I said keep talking. we are all learning.
Joanne