C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Salkin Kathleen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Salkin Kathleen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Apr 2002 08:08:49 -0400
Every time I play that DVD (Monty Python and the Holy Grail), I fast-forward
to that scene first, get my belly laughs, and then go back to the beginning.
and
get the belly laughs again when it comes round.  I am so weird!

I do find that the movie was exceptionally well-done for just a small-budget
film.  Even now, some 20 years later, its sets and costumes are fairly
accurate in
portraying Medieval England.  I have gone to events for the local Society
for
Creative Anachronism group, and some members are crazy about the film for
that very reason.  (For those who don't know about the SCA, it's a worldwide
organization that re-enacts medieval life all over the world. I'm not a
member, as I'm not much for fantasy, but I've got quite a few friends who
are members and are really into it.)

Kat