C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Harleen Kaur <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Jan 2009 12:37:32 -0500
I figure anything that gets the blood moving is probably beneficial. I'm
certainly not trained, but I know what body parts of my sister are most
tense (usually the legs) and get most tired after sitting in a wheelchair
for most of the day because we, of all people, know her the best.

Especially after her leg extending surgery, her feet would hurt a great
deal, so much so that the first week or so she just couldn't stop crying. I
used to massage her feet and the lower part of her legs and she would relax
and fall asleep so fast. I would do it for as long as I could without my
hands falling off, but that's probably not necessary in every case. My hands
are heavy so I massage kind of hard, but even when my soft handed mother did
it, it had a good effect.

Nothing lost if you try it out at home while you're finding out about the
best price. I'm sure you could also find out about massage therapy prices
from rehab centers.

Also, I'm wondering if accupressure would have a good effect? Does anyone
know?

Kind regards,
Harleen