C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Deri James <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Aug 2007 22:34:16 +0100
On Thursday 02 August 2007 20:43:12 ken barber wrote:
> thanks kendall, even after reading them, i must say i
> am surprised by him saying this.

From what I understand he was talking about a surgical strike based on an
intelligence report of a planned meeting of al quaeda "high command" in 2005.
Presumably this meeting would have decided which terrorist strikes to work
towards in the future. Not an invasion of Pakistan.

I don't see much difference between this and the regular strikes on palestine
by israel "to hit known terrorists". I see very little criticism of this in
the US press.

Both are "wrong" in my  mind, it just irks to see the obvious dual standard
being shown.

Cheers

Deri

PS Commiserations on Murdoch buying the Washington Post. You can
bet "Watergate" wouldn't have been reported if he'd owned it at the time.
(He'd have used it as a "chip" in the big game - 'tis his way).