C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kendall David Corbett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jun 2004 12:35:46 -0600
Bobby, et al,

I'm somewhat surprised to see you so clearly stating the true reason for
our presence in Iraq, since Bush and Cheney are both from Texas. ;-{)}
Cheney has maintained an "official" residence in Wyoming, but I don't
think he's lived here full-time since he was in college in the '60's.

I haven't seen Moore's movie, and I probably won't, but from what I've
read about it, he raises some interesting points.  The thing that I've
heard from several sources that concerns me most is the awarding of a $4
billion NO-BID contract to Halliburton, when another US company
(Schlumberger) is one of the leading competitors in the market.  Here's
a link to Schlumberger's web site.

http://www.slb.com

Another competitor to Halliburton is BJ Services, out of Canada, but
founded in the US, and with US subsidiaries.

http://www.bjservices.com/

Kendall Corbett

-George Bernard Shaw 1856-1950